If rowing is your sport, if you’re really good at it, and if you want to play it competitively at the college or university level, then you need to go to a top-ranked Division 1 NCAA school with the best athletes and coaches in rowing.
It’s been said that iron sharpens iron. To be the best that you can be, you need to be sharpening your athletic skills with other top rowing athletes. Here are rankings for the best college rowing programs that should be at the top of your list:
Top Women’s Rowing Programs*
1. University of California, Berkeley
2. Princeton University
3. University of Virginia
4. Yale University
5. Brown University
6. Stanford University
7. University of Washington
8. Michigan State University
9. University of Southern California
10. Washington State University
* The NCAA doesn’t rank men’s rowing. Rankings are based on current program success. A record of success does not guarantee future success but does provide a good gauge for likely success.