Chartered and incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois, the National University of Health Sciences was founded as the National School of Chiropractic in 1906 in Davenport, Iowa. It transferred to Chicago in 1908 and occupied its first home at 1732 W. Congress Street. After one more transfer, the school moved to a 20-acre farmland in 1963. It officially became known by its present name in 2000 when the chiropractic college evolved into a university concept. It is located at 200 East Roosevelt Road, Lombard, Illinois.
Three separate colleges constitute the National University of Health Sciences. The College of Professional Studies offers professional doctoral degrees in chiropractic medicine and naturopathic medicine as well as master’s degree programs in acupuncture and oriental medicine. The Lincoln College of Post-Professional, Graduate and Continuing Education provides residency programs for professional degree graduate and diplomate educational programs for practicing chiropractic physicians as well as continuing education for health providers. The College of Allied Health Sciences offers certificate programs in massage therapy and chiropractic assistance and baccalaureate completion program in massage therapy. The university also offers the Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine Program through the University Partnership Center at St. Petersburg College.
About one third of the student body is accommodated by on-campus housing facilities. The rest makes use of nearby private residences and apartments. Assistance is provided by the school’s housing coordinator.
Tuition rates vary depending on selected course. Tuition per credit costs $ 370.00 for the Master of Science degree program, the OC degree program and the ND degree program. The BS degree program charges a tuition rate of $ 293.00 per credit hour while the MT program and Chiropractic Assistant program charges a tuition rate of $ 15.40 per clock hour. The prerequisite program costs $ 293.00 in tuition per credit hour.