Founded in 1887 by the monks of Saint Procopius Abbey, Benedictine University is a private Catholic university located in Lisle, a suburb of Chicago, IL. With its close association with the Benedictine order and its emphasis on social responsibility, Benedictine University has been acclaimed as one of the best universities in the Midwest by US News and World Report.
Benedictine University offers a CCNE-accredited online Master of Science Nursing with specializations including Public Health, Health Education, Administration, Leadership, Disaster Management and Health Policy. Students may also take electives to obtain certifications in Certified Nurse Executive (American Nurses Credentialing Center) and Certified Nurse in Disaster Management (Benedictine University). Students may finish the degree in 16 to 24 months depending on how many courses are taken per semester.
Applicants for the MSN degree will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) with a GPA 3.0.
- License as a registered nurse in the U.S.
- Computer skills-proficiency in word processing, email and library on-line searches
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions
- Statement of Goals
- One letter of professional recommendation
- Successful completion of Student Success Strategies Orientation Exercises
Tuition is $540 per credit hour. Qualified students may apply for federal student loans and grants. Some students may qualify for tuition reimbursement from employers.