Founded in 1971 by Rev. Jerry Falwell, Liberty University, while a young university, has grown tremendously in its short existence into the largest private university in the nation. As a SACS-accredited institution, Liberty ensures that it meets all standards accreditation entails, while also maintaining its evangelical commitment to conservative Christian values. Liberty is located in Lynchburg, VA.
Liberty Online is an acclaimed distance-learning program, the third largest with an astonishing number of accredited degrees. Liberty Online offers CCNE-accredited bachelor- and master-level nursing program: an RN to BSN program for registered nurses, which most complete in two year; and an MSN that does not require an RN, with the option of a Nurse Educator track as well. None of Liberty’s online nursing programs require a residency period.
Applicants will need:
- Online application and $50.00 Deferred application fee
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy).
- Personal information questionnaire (resident only)
- Graduate of nationally accredited nursing program/school or its equivalent
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in your current state of residency
- Minimum of one year of nursing practice as a registered nurse
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) or a bachelor’s degree in another discipline with at least 3.0 GPA.
- One academic recommendation from a nursing professor or a nurse manager.
Tuition is $304 per credit hour for the BSN (120 credit hours needed), and $438 per hour for the MSN (36 credit hours needed). Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Interested students may also sign up for online informative webinars to learn more about the program.