Robert Morris University is a private, co-ed university located in Moon Township, a suburb of Pittsburg, PA. Founded in 1921 as the Pittsburgh School of Accountancy, the college was renamed in honor of Revolutionary War hero Robert Morris in 1962. (This institution is unrelated to Robert Morris University Illinois, named for the same historical figure.)
Robert Morris University (PA) offers two CCNE-accredited part-time online nursing programs. For RNs who do not yet have a BSN, RSU offers an online RN to Master of Science Nursing program; this degree can be completed in 3 years with courses run in 8-week blocks. For nurses who already have a BSN, the online MSN can be completed in two years.
Applicants to the online program will need:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Minimum undergraduate QPA of 3.25
- Current licensure as a registered nurse
- At least one year of work experience as a registered nurse
- A completed application and a non-refundable $35 application fee.
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A current résumé.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A 300-word essay
Tuition for the RN-BSN program is $250 per credit hour; for the BSN-MSN tuition is $450. Qualified students may apply for federal student loans and grants. Some students may qualify for tuition reimbursement from employers.