The University of Cincinnati is a public research university located in Cincinnati, OH, part of the University of Ohio system. Founded in 1819, UC is one of the largest universities in the nation and the largest employer in Cincinnati. Ranked by US News and World Report as a Tier 1 university, UC consistently ranks as one of the top universities in the nation and one of the top 200 in the world according to the UK publication Times Higher Education.
The University of Cincinnati offers a CCNE-accredited online MSN program, with specializations in Adult Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse-Midwifery, Nursing Administration, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing, and Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner. Students are allowed to choose a clinical practicum in their own region with approval from the college.
Applicants will need:
- University of Cincinnati graduate school online application.
- College of Nursing Pre-Registration Packet.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Current RN license.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Three letters of reference.
- Personal goal statement.
- Professional resume.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better.
Some specializations will also require work experience. Depending on specialty, tuition runs from $28,000 to $39,000. Qualifying students may apply for financial aid in the form of federal student loans and grants.